Calls for projects - Internships in RVFFA member cities and partner organizations on their territory
For the second year, the Offices Jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ), the Office franco-québécois pour la jeunesse (OFQJ), the Centre de la francophonie des Amériques (the Centre), and the City of Québec are inviting Network member cities and partner organizations on their territory to present proposals for internships lasting a maximum of 12 weeks for youth aged 18 to 35.
The “RVFFA –Internship Offer” presentation form must be filled out and sent to the address on the form no later than October 5th, 2018.
These internships are made possible thanks to support from France’s Ministère de la Ville, de la Jeunesse et des Sports, Québec’s Secrétariat à la jeunesse, Secrétariat aux affaires intergouvernementales canadiennes, Ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie, and the City of Québec.
In 2017, as part of the Network’s second major meeting and to help promote the French language in North America, LOJIQ - in collaboration with the OFQJ, the Centre, and the City of Québec - had launched a new program to provide individual internship opportunities to Network member cities and partner organizations on their territory.
- Support activities in various fields related to the Francophone and Francophile Cities Network
- Encourage youth outreach throughout the Americas and France and help young interns develop their careers
- Support young graduates who are looking for jobs so they can gain qualifying work experience, develop their skills, and improve their employability
- Share knowledge and develop a more qualified workforce
- Promote French culture and heritage throughout the Americas
- Promote learning about different cultures, foster discussion, and develop new collaborative networks to benefit both interns and the Network
Call for projects
Member cities of the Network and partner organizations on their territory are invited to submit proposals for internships that must begin between January 15, 2019 and July 31, 2019. The “Network – LOJIQ Internship Offer” presentation form must be filled out and sent to the address indicated below no later than 5 p.m. EST on October 5th, 2018. The proposals must meet the objectives and eligibility criteria for the individual internships component.
Presentation of LOJIQ and OFQJ internship programs
LOJIQ and OFQJ individual workplace internship programs provide stepping stones for young graduates looking to develop their skills and improve their employability by gaining international professional experience while contributing to the development of the host organizations.
The programs are aimed at young unemployed and underemployed graduates who are actively looking for jobs in their field.
b. Duration of internships
The internships are 12 weeks long.
c. Financial support offered by LOJIQ
- Reimbursement of 65% of the cost of international travel in economy class OR a flat-rate for interregional or interprovincial transportation - more information / Consult the destination breakdown by area.
- Civil liability insurance coverage and conditional and partial financial support for obtaining travel/emergency medical insurance for the duration of the internship abroad
- A weekly stipend of $350 for the duration of the internship
d. Financial support offered by OFQJ
- Coverage of costs for international travel in economy class from Paris, Martinique, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, or Saint Pierre and Miquelon to the geographical location of the internship, for an average contribution of 380–590 euros depending on the agreement in force between OFQJ and the communities involved
- Civil liability, travel/emergency medical, and workplace accident insurance for the duration of the internship abroad
- A monthly stipend up to 1,000 euros for the duration of the internship
e. Support requested from the selected internship institutions
- Provide supervision and logistics for the stay
- Provide support for finding accommodation, if possible in a neighbourhood near the internship location
- Provide local public transportation between the accommodation and the internship location, if available
- Provide a flat-rate contribution for traveling for work outside the office, if required
- Draft an official document about hosting the intern to make it easier to obtain legal residency permits, if necessary
Applicable criteria for the proposed internship project
a. Preferred sectors and fields
- In accordance with the Network’s priorities, the following fields will be given priority:
- French culture and heritage
- Promotion of culture
- Tourism development and heritage conservation
b. Work period
Proposed internships must begin between January 15, 2019 and July 31, 2019.
Process for submitting internship offers
- Fill out the “RVFFA –Internship Offer” form.
- Send in the form no later than 5 p.m. EST on October 5th, 2018. Proposals received after this date will not be considered.
- Send the complete application file to LOJIQ, to the attention of project manager Fetra Andri.
- Clearly defined mandate and qualifying tasks that use the intern’s knowledge and skills
- Suitability of the host institution based on the objectives
- Quality of resources at the intern’s disposal
- Quality of support framework (reception, supervision, guidance, and availability of internship supervisor)
- Intern’s real contribution to the organization’s activities
- Adequate internship length according to the mandate
- Inclusion of an activity directly related to the development of new opportunities for youth
Internship opportunities offered in the context of the Network’s activities or one-time events will be given priority.
- A joint selection committee made up of members from LOJIQ, the OFQJ, the Centre, and the City of Québec will meet to select the internships.
- The number of interns selected from France, the U.S., and Canada will be at the selection committee’s discretion.